Monday, February 27, 2017

Goals for Lent

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible"
Matthew 19:26


This Lenten season feels especially significant - as it is the first one since the birth of my daughter.  I am eager to re-connect with God. Time, relationships, and the future all feel so much.... weightier??... since her birth.   What I hope to discover during lent:

1) Humble myself before God and know he will meet me with outstretched hands;
2) Through prayer and fast I can fully repent for past sins and know His love is greatest;
3) By fasting I can come to better understand God's will;
4) By fasting I will recognize my own powerlessness in overcoming by deepest habits and hurts - and instead have God be the one leading the change;
5) Physically feel how God's spirt is stronger than my will; and my body is but a vessel for His work.
6) The act of showing love and dedication and serving others



No comments:

Post a Comment